9.06.2010

a man and his desire...

one night my man decided it was time again to have chickens.
before i knew it I had chicken tractor plans placed before me.

he started. he didn't mess around. he completely out did himself.


watching his flock
the coop of all coops... these laddies are lucky to be his chicks



love that man
love those kids chasing those chickens that i love
and i love my little chick

Kitty got right in there and was catching chickens left and right. She'd pick them up and put them in to roost.

we love our life with chickens...
and will love the organic free range eggs that we won't have to pay $4 a dozen for at the store anymore!!

The purpose of the chicken coop:
we love having chickens... our kids especially love checking for eggs
we wanted free range BUT our past experiences with the foxes and other wildlife prove that to be impossible!
The coop is on wheels so ever night before we close them in to roost Sam moves the "tractor" to fresh grass. Hence the "free range".

3 comments:

The Warneke's said...

I'm jealous!! I've wanted chicks for months now! Clay better get on it!

Shelly Hyde said...

i love this kara... we need one

Emily Frame said...

This is russ' dream.
I hope you still do 10/1 most everyone else is starting late too! You always look amazing & I need the inspiration!